[mythtv-users] Seeking help with XBox+Myth+XMBC

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:09:31 EST 2005

> this is the issue with using XBMC to watch recordings, in that the recordsing
> uses the channeldatetime format for filenames, if you load your TV directory
> in XBMC you won't know what the recording is.

Sorry - I understand what you were saying now. You're just using XBMC
and file shares which is why you have to deal with a tricky file name.
The reason I don't have this issue is because I'm using xbmcmythtv
(find it on sourceforge) which provides a limited functionality
frontend to the recordings. This means I get a list of recordings with
thumbnail images, program dates, descriptions etc etc and I just pick
which one I want. This is a set of python scripts which live in the
XBMC script directory. I should probably have mentioned that earlier -
sorry about that! Anyway, you might want to give it a try as it's a
breeze to install and it really makes the whole Xbox frontend to
MythTV alot more user (and WAF!) friendly.

Regards,
Phill