[mythtv-users] XBox with root via NFS?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Nov 27 19:04:44 EST 2005

I know it is possible to run Linux on XBox with a root on NFS, but the
instructions to do so usually then suggest using the local hard drive
for swap.  I'd like to be able to shut down the hard drive after loading
Linux from the dashboard.  Is it practical to run MythTV on Xebian with
the swap file located on the network drive or will latency kill me?
Alternatively, if I upgrade the XBox RAM to 128 Mb can I run without any
swap at all?

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.