[mythtv-users] intermittent green video shading

Brian Edmonds brian at gweep.ca
Sun Nov 27 17:39:15 EST 2005

I've been searching for an answer to this problem off and on ever
since buying a Mac Mini.  The issue is not mythtv specific, but it
does occur with mythfrontend, so maybe someone here has some ideas for
me.  The short description of the problem is that when I'm watching a
MPEG4 video on my Mac Mini (running Debian Testing), using mythtv
0.81, the video starts normally, shades to generally green tones over
the course of a couple seconds, resets to normal colours, shades,
resets again, and so on.  I have exactly the same problem with
mplayer.  When watching MPEG2 sources (eg. a DVD) the video colours
are normal under mplayer.

mythfrontend built on my ThinkPad works just fine.

Brian.