[mythtv-users] kudos

korebantic korebantic at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 11:31:26 EST 2005

--- ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> korebantic wrote:
>
> >I just wanted to send out a heartfelt thanks to:
> >
> >* The developers of Myth-TV...great job!
> >* This list for being helpful not only to me but to
> >anyone who asks for help
> >* The ivtv list
> >* Jarod Wilson for his Fedora/Myth-TV writeup
> >(http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/)
> >
> >With some work and patience I was able to get my
> >Myth-TV box up and running, and it rocks!
> >

> Great feeling huh?  !!
Yeah!

> >Here are the specs on my setup, for those that are
> >interested.
> >
> >Version: Myth-TV 0.18.1
> >OS: FC4
> >Capture: Hauppauge PVR350 (also used for video out)
> >Remote: Hauppauge remote included w/PVR350
> >Sound: On-board AC'97 Audio Controller
> >Processor: P4 2.2GHZ
> >Motherboard: Abitbg7
> >RAM: 1GB
> >

> Nice setup.  Mine is much more meagre.
>
> How much storage do you have?  I went for 250GB
> because that size was
> the best value for money around here.  Seems
> adequate, but you can
> always use more :-)
I didn't want to invest to much in extra hardware
until I was sure I was able to get MythTV setup, and
that MythTV was stable. With the exception of the
capture card, the other hardware was laying around.

For the past couple of days since I got MythTV setup
things seem stable. If that keeps up I'll go buy a
bigger harddrive =)