[mythtv-users] No DVD video until I transcode something

harywilke harywilke at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 07:58:58 EST 2005

you didn't say, but by any chance are you using the tv out on a PVR
350? It needs to run a small mpeg to initialize itself.
try watching tv for a few seconds. or run
dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
for a few secnods (control-c to stop)
if this is the case, and it does fix it, you should look into
upgrading to the latest stable ivtv-0.4 driver, becuase it contains a
tiny mpeg that will initialize your card at boot.

or if this is not your situation than just ignore all of the above
and i can't help you.

-hary