[mythtv-users] NUV TO WINDOWS PC

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 06:32:48 EST 2005

> In both cases, the resulting files play in Windows Media Player with the codecs
> that come with any system.  You don't need to install any external codecs or
> codec packs to view the transcoded video.  With a cable-modem connection at
> home and broadband of some sort in the hotel (or wherever), I can watch MythTV
> recordings anywhere.  You can even cut the commercials out of the downloaded
> file in just a few minutes with VirtualDub (you'll need to install ffdshow and
> configure it to make its MPEG-4 decoder available to VfW so you can see what
> you're cutting), so you can just kick back and let the show run.

I have VirtualDub 1.6.11 installed on my Windows XP box and I thought
I'd be able to use it to do some cuts to my MythTV recordings. I have
a recording which was MPEG2 from a DVB-T broadcast which then got
transcoded to MPEG4 by post recording processing. But when I try to
open it in VirtualDub I get an error that says "Cannot detect file
type". I have ffdshow installed. Does anyone know what I need to do to
configure this setup so that I can edit my recording with VirtualDub?

Regards,
Phill