[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 303

travis moralindignation at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 03:28:47 EST 2005

> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:59:00 -0500
> From: David O <daveo78 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] need hardware advice
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Sorry I guess "everything you need" was misleading.  After you get the board
> you'll also need a CPU, RAM, Hardrive, and video card.  I meant that the
> board is powerful enough and has enough extras to last you awhile(1GBIT LAN,
> 1MBIT lan, Soundstorm audio capable of outputting "everything" in DD,
> SATA).

So, if I go with one of the "barebones" systems at newegg, isn't a lot
more of the work done for me? Like this one that I posted before:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16856110024

It seems to be pretty compete to get me started. Do I NEED a faster
processor then the one with this system right away? I figured I could
upgrade it later. Eventually, I plan on building a separate back end,
but for now I thought this case would *look* ok in my entertainment
center. I need to know if I am missing anything before I order. I am
going to wait on the HD and Ram. No reason to spend that on a small
hard drive when I can go to my local store and pick up more gig's for
my $$$ (especially given the holiday season!)

Thanks again for helping me out.