[mythtv-users] nuvexport "'x' outside of string error"

James Howison james at freelancepropaganda.com
Sat Nov 26 22:04:05 EST 2005

I'm attempting to convert some of my MPEG2 PVR-500 recordings to
something smaller and I think that nuvexport is the way to do this.

I'm running Knoppmyth R5A22 with nuvexport 0.2 0.20050922.svn.

I'm trying to run in interactive mode to get used to the program but
get this error after choosing a show:

> 'x' outside of string in unpack at /usr/local/share/nuvexport/
> mythtv/nuvinfo.pm line 34, <STDIN> line 2.

(I've tried both export to XVID and to .nuv and .sql options).

Has anyone seen this error (there's one google result, some IRC
discussion with an unanswered (AFAICS) question about this error)?

I get the same error if I do searches via the command-line interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James