[mythtv-users] Gentoo not building lirc_i2c?

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sat Nov 26 21:54:27 EST 2005

On Saturday 26 November 2005 03:27 pm, Brady wrote:
> I can not get Gentoo to build the lirc_i2c module for anything. This
> is a recent 2005-r1 install that is completely fresh. i2c is enabled
> and lirc builds lirc_dev but will not build the i2c driver for
> anything.

I'm assuming you're trying to get LIRC working on a Hauppauge card since those
use lirc_i2c.  When you emerge lirc on Gentoo, you need to pass an option.
It should look like this:

LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=hauppauge" emerge lirc

You can also make things easier by just adding
LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=hauppauge" to the end of your /etc/make.conf file so
you can just do "emerge lirc" and not worry about it again.

~Lou