[mythtv-users] Converting shows to PDA suitable format

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 10:38:45 EST 2005

On 11/26/05, Nathan Allen Stratton <nathan at robotics.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Paul V. Gratz wrote:
>
> > I have a treo 650 and I've encoded a few shows for it.  I have been
> > using mencoder to encode it to the built-in lavc endcoder for divx.
> > In my understanding divx is an early implementation of mpeg4 (prior to
> > the release of the standard). Xvid is another. I'm not sure what the
> > relative differences are but I think they more or less amount to the
> > same kind of quality per bitrate. Now that mpeg4 is out I think they
> > both produce legal mpeg4 output.
>
> What player are you using on your 650? Have you been able to stream
> anything to your treo using mythstream?

Not the original poster, but I've transcoded a few shows to the 650 for
playback with TCPMP
<http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about>, which works quite well with Xvid or avi
files, as well as mp3s.

I used nuvexport to transcode; can't recall how long it had to churn away.

--Wendy
--
Wendy Seltzer
http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/