[mythtv-users] Channel scan for DVB-S

Peter Osterberg Peter at supergirl.se
Fri Nov 25 15:13:32 EST 2005

Hi,

just got a new NOVA-CI-S card today and have succesfully installed it in
my MythTV server.

I managed to get as far as to channel scanning and got stuck there.

I found out in some earlier thread that I need to have starting values
for frequency and symbolrate to be able to start the scan.
Before I knew that I just got errors. I picked up two values used for
Astra 28 and found out that it actually initiated the scan and got
readings for SNR etc. Fine!
But it didn't do the trick all the way. So I guess that I'll need
specific starting values for the satellites that I'm trying to scan..

I want to scan Sirius 1W, Thor 5E, Hotbird 13E and Astra 19E.

Could someone help me with starting values for those satellites or help
me with a URL to look them up myself?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Peter Österberg