[mythtv-users] How to stop a playing Movie with a Function() call?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 24 12:32:29 EST 2005

Suchit Rout, Noida wrote:

> I have been studying the code of mythtv for a while now.
>
> I understand that while a movie is being played in mythfrontend, a
> loop in tv_play.cpp gets on executing.
>

> While a movie is being played, if I press the "Esc" button, the movie
> stops playing and MythTV returns to the screen where we have
>

>      * Watch Recordings
>
>      * etc etc
>

> Now, what I wanna do is simulate this "Esc pressing" with the help of
> a single function call that can cause the movie to stop and make
> MythTV return to the above mentioned screen. Due to my poor knowledge
> in QT I am unable to solve the problem in hand.
>

> Can anyone help me figure this out?
>

> I would like to run a thread alongwith the RunMainLoop (if i am
> correct) in tv_play.cpp that wuold keep on checking for some signal
> (not exactly signal per se, it could be a change in value in a
> database table etc).
>
> the moment I detect that change, my function is called and the movie
> play stops, making MythTV to return to the abov screen.

Just to let you know...  Your messages--all three of them so far

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/163412?#163412
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/163064?#163064
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/162524?#162524

--/are/ coming through.  It's always a good idea to wait a few hours
after you post and then search the archives if you're afraid your
messages are not going through.  You can search by subject

or even using your own e-mail address

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=search;;list=mythtv

However, no one is responding to your question, "Can anyone help me
figure this out?"  This probably means no one can help.

Mike