[mythtv-users] Audio "drum-beat" problem

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Thu Nov 24 12:09:39 EST 2005

I'm using 0.18.1 on two frontends - SUSE 9.3 and Gentoo. Both systems occasionally
have an identical problem when I stop playback. Sometimes I will get a very loud
drumbeat-like sound out of the speakers. In order to stop the sound, I usually start
playback again and then stop, and the sound goes away. It probably happens 5% of
the time.

I'm using SPDIF AC3 audio to a receiver. This seems to happen with both SD and
HD recordings from a HD3000 and PVR150. I think it's most likely a problem with
mythfrontend and not mythbackend or the hardware.

Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?