[mythtv-users] Re: FC4 and HD-3000 DVB vs.QAM Issue in latest kernel

Jason Sharpe mythtv.list at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:08:29 EST 2005

Thanks Chad!

I didn't take the chuckle negatively at all..:)

Anyway, thanks for the info. I was just surprised by the change and, in the
thirst for knowledge, wondered why.

It was really weird when I went ahead and did the full "yum upgrade" and
after the reboot, it wouldn't load the DVB drivers at all...

I looked in modules.pcimap and removed the "cx88-blackbird" line and
rebooted and it loaded the DVB drivers again. Just goes to show how easy
upgrading software will break something...:)

Thanks!
Jason