[mythtv-users] Myth/HDTV dream system?

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Thu Nov 24 10:16:35 EST 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:
> This is what I did:
>
> Silverstone LC16M-S
> Athlon64 3200+
> 512MB RAM
> 2x 320G SATA150 HD
> MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
> PVR150
> HD3000

I'm putting together an HDTV myth system that may end up a lot like
this.    Other than capture cards (one HD5000, two PVR-250s) I haven't
bought anything yet.

Why did you choose the LC16M?  I'm considering the LC10M, which is a bit
cheaper.  Are you using all those control and function buttons on your
LCM16M (FF, REW, Function, etc.)?  Even if they work I suspect I'd
always use the remote control.

Speaking of the remote...I assume that the IR receiver is limited to the
IR codes that the Silverstone remote can send.  (Contrast: a homebrew
LIRC serial remote, which can handle almost anything.)  Is that true?
Are you using this for your remote control?

Thanks,
Len