[mythtv-users] bttv audio / snd_bt87x guide?

Alan alan at ufies.org
Thu Nov 24 00:04:07 EST 2005

> Don't want to discourage you from pursuing this, but I've NEVER had
> luck with snd-bt87x btaudio OR any related anything on those bttv
> cards.  The audio out to line-in/Mic-in are the only way I've been
> able to get it to work, but the audio always has a hum (I have
> searched far a wide for decent 3.5mm stereo cables but they don't
> exist for a decent price), sometimes the hum is very faint, other
> times is screeching so bad I have to simply delete and re-record the
> program and hope it doesn't get too bad that time.

That sucks... The card I can take back if it doesn't work (I made sure
of that before hand), I was hoping that I could use it as a cheap second
tuner though.  Bah.  I did figure there were enough docs out there that
there must be some people that were using it successfully!  Oh well,
I'll keep plugging along until I either get it, someone here posts a
brilliant solution, or I take back the card and live with only one tuner
or spring for a bigger/better one like the pvr500.

Thanks.

alan

--
Alan <alan at ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net