[mythtv-users] Userfreindly filenames of .nuv files?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 23 16:31:59 EST 2005

Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> On 11/22/05, *Michael T. Dean* <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>
>     Which you should do with mythrename.pl .  Note, however, that no
>     matter
>     what you do, mythrename.pl (in its current implementation) will
>     *always*
>     use spaces (even if you specify, i.e., an underscore ("_") for the
>     space
>

> In current svn (7999) at least,  mythrename.pl has the --underscores
> option to get filenames without spaces.  Not sure when that went in.

Cool.  Thanks.  It's been there since mythlink.pl days ([7282]
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7282 ), but I didn't notice it.  I
had used a different option name in my patch, and Chris cleaned up the
names and renamed my "space-char" option (allowing the user to specify a
character) to "underscores" (and made it always use the underscore,
which is the only character I can imagine specifying for spaces,
anyway).  Guess that's one more thing I can take off my list of todo's...

So, now I guess I need to rephrase my above post:  "No matter what I
did, I couldn't create names without spaces because I wasn't using
mythrename.pl correctly."  :)

Mike