[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth R5A26

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 23 12:42:28 EST 2005

Big Wave Dave wrote:

>On 11/22/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>>Cecil Watson wrote:
>>
>>>My humble apologies for including a SVN version in R5A22.  It was a
>>>mistake.  This has been rectified alnog with a few other small fixes.
>>>
>>>http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6944
>>>http://www.mysettopbox.tv/CHANGELOG.txt
>>>

>>Been wondering if I should post this or not, so I'm posting with the
>>hope that perhaps it's possible to "head off some problems at the
>>pass."  Should someone mention the
>>    a) danger,
>>    b) issues, or
>>    c) proper approach (including downgrading the DB Schema)
>>of "upgrading" from R5A22 to R5A26?  (Option c being the ideal.)  Going
>>from anything before R5A22 to R5A26 isn't a problem, but those users who
>>upgraded to R5A22 have a database version (somewhere at or after 1095)
>>greater than that expected by R5A26 (probably 1083) and are likely to
>>have problems with an upgrade to R5A26.
>>

>The first link says...
>"...If you are running R5A22, DON'T upgrade to R5A26"

Excellent.  I didn't notice that.  I checked the KnoppMyth home page and
changelog and didn't see any warnings, so I was worried we'd get a lot
of posts from "broken" upgrades.  Thanks for pointing it out, and I hope
anyone who fails to read the forum announcement (like me) sees your
message, here.  :)

>It seems like if you ar running 22, you should stay with it. As they
>say, "If isn't broken... don't try to fix it!"
>
>My $0.02.

Agreed.  :)

Mike