[mythtv-users] Two Nova-T cards?

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Wed Nov 23 10:13:46 EST 2005

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 09:50 +0000, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>>I have two NOVA-Ts (different chipsets). Individually they both work
>>fine. When I put them both in together, my signal seemed seriously
>>degraded and MythTV seemed to get pretty confused (perhaps because it
>>could not tune the cards) - chaos ensued, myth fell apart, so I took out
>>one of the cards.
>>

>How are you feeding the signals into those cards?  Remember if you are
>using a passive spitter you are throwing away half the power and
>supplying each card with 25% of the power of a direct connection.

The Connexant card has coax in and out sockets, The Phillips only has an
in socket so I pass the coax direct from my external aerial into the
Connexant card and thence, via a short piece of coax, into the Philips card.

I figured whatever I did, I was in trouble as my signal is not the
greatest - but this way I figured that at least the connexant would get
100% of what was going. Unfortunately, the Philips card ended up as card
#0 and the Connexant #1 (or is it #1 and #2), So i think Myth was trying
the card with the weaker signal first and possibly getting upset when it
couldn't get a channel on it.

Thinking back, I'm pretty sure that I retuned both of them from
mythtvsetup when I put the second in, without a problem....

Would someone mind outlining the best procedure in terms of getting a
good signal to both cards and anything else relevant ....

thanks for your time,

Jules

>If you have done something more ad-lib then you could be losing even
>more of the signal.
>
>	Nigel.

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell