[mythtv-users] Opengl

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 06:59:08 EST 2005

Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> And so how does one tell if his nvidia drivers are installed
> "correctly"?  I'm running nvidia drivers built via portage on a Gentoo
> 2.6.13 system.  Yet I don't think I have any video acceleration as
> visualizations seem to "stutter" slightly and my CPU is at 100%.  This
> is on an Athlon XP 2800.

run glxinfo

it produces a lot of output, you might want glxinfo | less

If you see something like 'Direct Rendering' or 'Direct Rendering: Yes'
then you have hardware GL working. If you see mutterings about software
and MesaGL then it's software.  (exact output varies somewhat from OS to
OS and system to system)

Jules