[mythtv-users] Real time threads and FC3

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 22 14:51:34 EST 2005

>>>>> Chris Trown writes:
[...]

c>       I've read the following thread and tried it all out:

c> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/159201?search_string=rtprio;#159201

c>       But it doesn't work.  I've read some posts out on the 'Net
c>       saying that rtprio has been included in the latest PAM for FC3,
c>       but the dox I've seen doesn't list that as an option.  I also
c>       went as far as to D/L the SRPM for PAM to tkae a look.  I grep'd
c>       the entire tree looking for "rtprio".  No joy.

c>       So anybody get this working?

        I have it working as per that message but I'm using FC4:

> rpm -q kernel pam
kernel-2.6.13-1.1532_FC4
pam-0.79-9.6
> strings /lib/security/pam_limits.so | egrep rtprio
rtprio
> egrep rtprio /usr/share/doc/pam-0.79/txts/*
/usr/share/doc/pam-0.79/txts/README.pam_limits: - rtprio - max realtime priority allowed for non-priviledged
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.