[mythtv-users] Real time threads and FC3

Chris Trown ctrown at safe-mail.net
Tue Nov 22 12:08:38 EST 2005

      I've been battling image problems with my install and thought that
the problem was lack of priority for the mythfrontend in the kernel.
Turns out that's not the problem, but I still would like to know.

      Has anyone managed to get realtime priority threads working with
Fedora Core3?

      I've read the following thread and tried it all out:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/159201?search_string=rtprio;#159201

      But it doesn't work.  I've read some posts out on the 'Net saying
that rtprio has been included in the latest PAM for FC3, but the dox
I've seen doesn't list that as an option.  I also went as far as to D/L
the SRPM for PAM to tkae a look.  I grep'd the entire tree looking for
"rtprio".  No joy.

      So anybody get this working?

Chris...

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin