[mythtv-users] Current Steps To Add HD-3000 To A Box With PVR-250

Patrick Wagstrom wagspat at iit.edu
Tue Nov 22 11:05:05 EST 2005

> I have Myth 0.18.1 running on Gentoo 2.6.13 kernel.  Currently I have
> ivtv 0.4 and V4L modules compiled.  I do not yet have the DVB modules
> compiled.
>
> I've Googled for the steps to add my HD-3000 to my setup but only
> find
> conflicting information and most of it is old.  Some posts tell me I
> can't use V4L with DVB.  Others say ivtv 0.4 works fine.  Yet others
> say
> use this module from ivtv and that from kernel. Some posts are for
> PVR-150/500s which are likely different than my 250. I'm confused!!!
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to get me started?

They work just fine together, at least for me.  Install that IVTV driver
after you've compiled the DVB kernel modules.  It will tell you to hide
kernel/drivers/media/video/tveeprom.ko along with some other modules.
Hide everything by tveeprom.ko.  Then make sure when you load your
modules, IVTV is loaded before cx88-dvb.  This works with the 0.4.0
drivers on my Ubuntu Breezy system.

--Patrick