[mythtv-users] Stop / Start Athcool just Befor / After a Recording

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 03:08:29 EST 2005

First off, apologies to anyone who follows the KnoppMyth Forum as I
raised some of these points over there last week, in this forum I'll
split separate questions into separate posts.
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6923

I'd like to run Athcool but it results in fuzzy, distorted and crackly
sound when I record, (I've tried tinkering with the PCI latency with no
luck) but other than the audio it doesn't seem to effect the stability
or functionality of my system (MB ECS K7S5A chip-set SIS 735) so I'd
like to run Athcool when I'm not recording.

Is there a way to run a script just before a recording starts and
another after it ends, ideally this would be specific to a capture
source as my next card (PVR 500) may not have this issue?

Thanks.

--
tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 34132, rev = J158,
tveeprom: tuner = Philips FM1236 MK3 (idx = 58, type = 4)