[mythtv-users] PVR-150 - should i record mpeg2-PS or -TS?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:41:37 EST 2005

> I am given the choice between MPEG2-PS or MPEG2-TS (along with some
> others I clearly don't want) in "Recording Profiles".
>
> Which should I choose and why?

I assume this is the same as for DVB-T. In which case you should choose TS.

Why:

1) If you choose PS you can get recordings which have no sound as
sometimes it selects the wrong audio signal in the broadcast. With TS
this problem never happens.

2) PS support is being phased out because it's problematic so you may
as well avoid it.