[mythtv-users] IR Keyboards

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Tue Nov 22 01:24:22 EST 2005

>Hey, I was just wondering if any of you are using are keyboards with built-in
>trackball or 8-way mice. If you are, what brand/model is it and how Linux
>friendly was it--plug-and-play or did it take some tinkering? Thanks!

I use http://www.fentek-ind.com/wireless.htm#kbmwtb

It's PS/2 so Linux thinks it's just any other PS/2 keyboard. I taught my
programmable remote all the keystrokes so I didn't have to bother with
LIRC on the front-end. It works perfectly.

If you get an RF keyboard instead of IR, you won't be able to teach a
remote the commands, so you'll still need LIRC. IR is fine if you have a
direct line of site.