[mythtv-users] xine DVD playback freezes halfway through...

Josh mythtv2 at dalcher.com
Tue Nov 22 00:31:04 EST 2005

Hello,
I am running the newest version of xine/xine-lib/libdvdcss and am experiencing
a problem where DVD playback freezes 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the disk.

Everything about the playback goes flawlessly up until the point it freezes,
sometimes I notice that the playback (and additional attempts to play after
this happens) just get exceedingly slow and choppy.  Some disks do not have
this problem, and there have been circumstances where I can get through the
problem disk without freezes.

xine-check comes up clean, I notice a few Suspected RCE Region Protection!!!
notices on the terminal prior to the freeze up.

I'm running MythTV 0.18.1 on FC2.  I have tried the following xine command
line options:

xine -pfhq --no-splash dvd://
xine -f -I -V xshm --audo-driver alsa --no-logo --no-splash dvd://

Both options experience the same problem.  Everything else about my
installation works perfectly.

Is there any other options to try?  Could this possibly be caused by a bad DVD
drive?  If so, could anyone recommend one that has been proven to make it
through a whole movie?

I would appreciate any help that can be given.  Please reply here or to
dalcher at gmail.com.  Thank you!

Josh