[mythtv-users] MythGame and SNES emulator woes

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Nov 21 16:08:27 EST 2005

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> byron wrote:
>> My recent Myth project has been to get MythGame functional.  My goal was
>> to get MAME, NES and SNES all working through the MythGame interface.
>> So far I've been successful in getting MAME and NES roms detected and
>> playable through MythGame.  However SNES has proven to be a little
>> trickier.
>>
>> My problem:
>> When going into the games menu it scans for SNES games every time but
>> never updates the UI or the database as far as I can tell.  Running the
>> emulators from a console works in both zsnes and snes9x.  I do not see
>> any info logged to the backend log with verbose set to all, nor do I see
>> anything sent the console when running mythfrontend from the command
>> line.  I have tried zipped and unzipped roms with varying permissions
>> all to no avail.  I've also tried using both zsnes and snes9x without
>> success.

[...]

> That's what I did. I had more trouble with xmame than snes9x though.
> I'll try to get you
> my command line later tonight.

Pulled it from MySQL:
/usr/games/bin/snes9x -stereo -tr -fs -joydev1 /dev/input/js_madcatz
-joymap1 2 1 3 0 4 5 9 8 -joydev2 /dev/input/js0 -joyaxis1 0 1

Nothing special to it other than the X-Box joystick magic. My guess
would be that your ROMs might have bad checksums.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net