[mythtv-users] run transcode on selected programs schedules

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Nov 21 14:31:00 EST 2005

Larry K wrote:

...snip...
> I wonder, though...is transcoding the only way to remove commercials
> per the cut list?  I mean, I'm not transcoding to reduce the size of
> the files, or to change the format of the recorded files, which I
> assume is the primary purpose of transcoding.  Is there another
> (easier) way to whack the commercials besides transcoding?

The latest SVN has a new mythtranscode that supports cutting only, in
that it does no transcoding, it only cuts based on cutlist. On my 600MB
test files it cut the whole file in oh, ten seconds? You have to
manually set it up though. Search the myth-dev list for 'mpeg2fix'
and/or look at recent SVN commits for that or mythtranscode.

Tom