[mythtv-users] LIRCD problems with FC4

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:21:53 EST 2005

I'm in this same boat. Of course I'm sitting at the back on the right.

I thought maybe it was my remote, so I looked at it through my digital
camera with the view finder, and when I press the buttons I see the LED
light up.

I just followed Jarrod's guide and my remote is not working. Everything else
seems to be though.

I have FC4 with a PVR-350. The new style remote.

On 9/5/05, Oscar Curero <oscar-listas at naiandei.net> wrote:

> El Dilluns, 5 de Setembre de 2005 05:03, Myth va escriure:
>
> > Hauppauge PVR-350 (Brand new - series 991)
> > Running absolute latest version of Fedora Core
> > Following step-by-step instructions from http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
> > When I get to the part that tells me to start LIRCD - nothing happens.
> > I check /var/log/messages and find the following:
> >
> How do you know the serial number?
>
> > Any ideas what I may have done wrong or where I need to check? Any help
> is
> > much appreciated
> Well, lircd can be started has a line command instead of a daemon. Check
> the
> messages of lirc, run irw and press some buttons. If nothing happens, try
> irrecord and follow the instructions, is pretty simple.
>
> I have the same problem (running suse) and neither with irw or with
> irrecord I
> can get any ouput. If I can solve this, I will buy a IR receiver...
>
> --
> Oscar Curero - Linux user: 306877
> -- GPG keyID: 0xE0EA0B24 --

-=/>Thom