[mythtv-users] How to record LiveTV?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Nov 21 10:49:30 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:26:45AM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> But, if you actually have guide data--as Myth was designed to be
> used--it's much easier to use than a VCR because Myth knows when to stop
> recording and gives the recording a good name with a good description.

This is great when you are scheduling a show for unattended recording,
but there will always be occasions where you want to start recording
*right now* ("we interrupt the show in progress for breaking news") and
keep going *until I say so* because at that point the zap2it schedule
is no longer valid or useful.  Sometimes there's no substitute for
basic VCR functionality, whether it's a "record" and "stop" button or
an "OTR" button that adds 30 minutes to the recording already in
progress.

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.