[mythtv-users] Re: mysql problem

Wes Newell w.newell at verizon.net
Mon Nov 21 06:46:07 EST 2005

Antonis Labadaridis wrote:

>I install some rpms from the manndriva CD#3 there's now a service
>mysqld but thw problems persists...

I installed mythtv on 2005LE a week or 2 ago. I compiled it here. Didn't
even know there was any rpm's for it. Try running the backend as root.
Still can't connect, run mythtv-setup and check the database addresses.
Set both to localhost. Make sure you have localhost as the address in
the frontend setup too. Restart and try again. If you're trying to run
the frontend on another machine, then you'll have to use the backends
static IP address (or resolved URL) in all three locations, plus you'll
need to edit mysql.txt to allow networking. It's diabled with the normal
install. That cost me a few hours to find when I was setting up a remote
front end.:-)