[mythtv-users] How to record LiveTV?

Leigh Saunderson lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 04:37:31 EST 2005

>>> Probably one of the biggest features myth is missing.  I'm sure it is
>>> coming...
>>>

>> Been in SVN for over a week now, actually.
>>
> Another nail in the Tivo's coffin  :)

That's good to know, just last night I was wondering if there was/would
be such a feature in MythTV, not because off Tivo (never used or even
seen one..), just while I was trying to watch a program and kept having
to pause it (phone calls etc) and it got to time for a scheduled
recording on the same channel (Sky One Nip/Tuck follows on from Hex -
only got one tuner in the box), I thought "wouldn't it be good if you
could save the buffer as a recording"

I've not tried the SVN versions yet, would it be a bad idea installed
SVN code over an already installed system, built following Jarod's
excellent How-To on FC4?
Or maybe I should just wait for the next main release.