[mythtv-users] Untranscode

Curtis White soaro77 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 03:54:36 EST 2005

On 11/20/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> >>Actually, Myth has had Xv support "forever" (probably from the first
> >>version, although I didn't check).  It's the version of ivtvdev that's
> >>important here.
> >>

> >Oh, ok. I downloaded the latest source of ivtv and compiled and
> >installed it. So I'm assuming I have the latest version. But I'll see
> >if I can find out for certain.
> >

> The ivtvdev driver is shipped separately from the ivtv driver (since
> it's only useful to people with PVR-350's).  Download the X driver from
> http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Download and install.

Oh ok thank you. I do remember downloading the ivtvdev driver from a
different URL but I don't think it was this one. I might not have the
most current one. I'll grab it and compile/install it (assuming it
needs to be compiled).

> >>When doing that, you're explicitly telling mplayer /not/ to use Xv.  You
> >>need to use:
> >>
> >>mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s
> >>
> >>On the bright side, you have a relatively recent version of ivtvdev as
> >>it's only within the last year and a half that it became incompatible
> >>with the fbdev code. Whether your version is new enough to support Xv,
> >>we still don't know.
> >>

> >I know on the command line I can use -vo xv and it works fine. The
> >only problem is that it displays it to my /dev/fb0 device instead of
> >/dev/fb1. So when I use that it displays it to my PC monitor. How do I
> >get it to use -vo xv but instead to send it to my /dev/fb1 device (the
> >PVR350 output) instead?
> >

> You probably need something like:
>
> DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s
>
> It depends on your specific configuration.

Oh, that's what I was missing. Yeah I forgot that I just need to
change my DISPLAY variable and it should play there. I do have the
framebuffer setup on display 1. So this should do the trick.

I appreciate all your help on this.