[mythtv-users] Untranscode

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 20 22:46:02 EST 2005

Curtis White wrote:

>>>I should have the most recent version. I only installed MythTV a
>>>couple weeks ago. I know I'm at version 1.8.1 I believe.
>>>

>>Actually, Myth has had Xv support "forever" (probably from the first
>>version, although I didn't check).  It's the version of ivtvdev that's
>>important here.
>>

>Oh, ok. I downloaded the latest source of ivtv and compiled and
>installed it. So I'm assuming I have the latest version. But I'll see
>if I can find out for certain.

The ivtvdev driver is shipped separately from the ivtv driver (since
it's only useful to people with PVR-350's).  Download the X driver from
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Download and install.

>>>I am using the playback command:
>>>
>>>mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo fbdev:/dev/fb1 %s
>>>

>>When doing that, you're explicitly telling mplayer /not/ to use Xv.  You
>>need to use:
>>
>>mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s
>>
>>On the bright side, you have a relatively recent version of ivtvdev as
>>it's only within the last year and a half that it became incompatible
>>with the fbdev code. Whether your version is new enough to support Xv,
>>we still don't know.
>>

>I know on the command line I can use -vo xv and it works fine. The
>only problem is that it displays it to my /dev/fb0 device instead of
>/dev/fb1. So when I use that it displays it to my PC monitor. How do I
>get it to use -vo xv but instead to send it to my /dev/fb1 device (the
>PVR350 output) instead?

You probably need something like:

DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s

It depends on your specific configuration.

Mike