[mythtv-users] Re: libmyth-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at VLD fails an my Via ...

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Nov 20 15:09:45 EST 2005

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 12:55:04PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 20 November 2005 06:53 am, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> > last night I found 113 and 114 SRPMs on an archive site somewhere,
> > unpacked them, applied patches and then diffed them looking for any
> > mention of XvMC - sure enough, I found one :
> >
> > diff -r 113/mythtv-0.18.1/libs/libavcodec/parser.c
> > 114/mythtv-0.18.1/libs/libavcodec/parser.c
> > 814c814,818
> > <     { CODEC_ID_MPEG1VIDEO, CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO },
> >
> >  >     { CODEC_ID_MPEG1VIDEO,
> >  >       CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO,
> >  >       CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC,
> >  >       CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC_VLD,
> >  >     },
> >
> > I unpacked a 115, hacked its patch to undo this change, rebuilt
> > overnight, installed and tested this morning - result - SUCCESS :-) !

Does this imply that building w/o patching resulted in a failure, or
did you just try that one build. Perhaps it is unrelated, and only a
build w/o a patch will tell.

> > I have probably not so much fixed a bug as disabled some code that was
> > enabled in 114, but it works for me - I now have h/w accelerated MPEG2
> > on libmyth-*115* so I am happy.
> >
> > Thanks for the help, Axel.
> >
> > Should I let someone know about this somehow, or will you feedback to them
> > ?
>
> Looks to be an atrpms problem - this code is how it should be in the
> release-18-fixes branch.

I think so, too. I'm looking into this, but I have no VLD hardware to
test with, so I'll be fixing things blindly. Anyway, better than it
not working at all, and I can verify that non-VLD stuff is still
working.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net