[mythtv-users] New mythtv theme

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 14:38:17 EST 2005

Justin Hornsby wrote:

>> Hi Justin!
>>
>> I like your theme, should look great when the light is turned down ;) .
>>
>> One minor problem: in the "Watch recordings" screen, there is an
>> arrow to indicate that the list continues. This arrow is a few pixels
>> off. I'm  using a resolution of 1024x768. If you can't reproduce it,
>> i can provide a screen shot.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Michael "laga" Haas
>>

> Noted...
>
> Thanks Michael.
>
> To everyone who has spotted issues - thankyou very much.  I'll get
> working on ironing them out ASAP.
>
> And for those of you who want colour I'll wrestle some tint back into
> it too, but will keep the mono version for those who like it grey.
>
> If I'd have known earlier I wouldn't have spent time this afternoon
> doing this:
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.hornsby2/frontmyth.png (something
> to think about for the future, and definitely in 16:9)
>
> J.

Justin,
The new theme screenshot you showed in your last post looks great, not a
waste of time doing it.  It looks kind of Crystal-iconish.  I like the
look of that a lot better than the new theme you posted here first.  It
would be geat to have all the menus like that showing as icons that are
indicative of what the menu slection would be, and then you could put
some text below that tells you what the menu you're on does, sort of
like the opposite of normally selectin a text menu item, and a picture
to the right changes to an indiative icon.  Go ahead and finish that and
let us download it!
BTW does anyone know if there's a myth theme-it-yourself howto?
Raphael