[mythtv-users] ATSC Station Changed Its Name

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 11:44:05 EST 2005

A local station, WCCO-TV, changed its "Name" in the Over-The-Air (OTA) data.
Previously, it was "WCCO-DT", now it's "Service".

When this change occurred, all the recordings scheduled for WCCO-DT were
"lost".
That is, they did not show up in Upcoming Recordings, and were NOT recorded.

To fix this, I ran mythtv-setup, added the XMLTVID to the "new" channel
called "Service",
and re-ran mythfilldatabase. Now, I will reschedule the missing programs to
be recorded
on "Service", and they should be recorded OK.

How would you have handled such a Station Name Change? Or, how have you
handled such a Station Name Change in the past?

Maybe a better question is, Can the loss of scheduled recordings be
prevented?

--
MM