[mythtv-users] Untranscode

Curtis White soaro77 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 01:39:06 EST 2005

On 11/19/05, catfish <catfish at halfdone.com> wrote:
> Curtis White wrote:
> > Is there a way to untranscode the .nuv files? It appears I had
> > transcoding on and it was transcoding the files to RTjpeg format. I
> > cannot playback this format to my PVR350 output. So I need to somehow
> > transcode those files back to mpeg2 format. Does anyone know how I
> > can do that?
>
> Do you get the same problem I have where the bottom half of the screen is
> tinted green, the display squished horizontally and no sound? Sorry that I
> don't have the answer to your question but I was wondering about that issue.

No the problem I was having is MythTV was playing the files to my PC
monitor instead of my TV. I couldn't figure out why so I tried to play
one directly using the dd command and it wouldn't play. Then I
realized it was because I was transcoding them. So I did a little test
of a .nuv file that I turned off transcoding on and it worked just
fine, displayed to the TV with no problem.

Curtis