[mythtv-users] Untranscode

Curtis White soaro77 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 21:00:00 EST 2005

Unfortunately I didn't have that option selected so I don't have the
old file. It looks like it might be possible to use ProjectX to do it.

But is there a way to use mplayer or something and just tell it to
display the output on my PVR350 output?

I know I can do the following and get output to the TV.

The following works to watch the Tuner on the TV.

# /usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha
# dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k

The following works to watch an mpg file to the TV.

# /usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha
# dd if=/tmp/test_video.mpg of=/dev/video16 bs=64k

So is there some alternative of this that will allow me to view those
files on the TV? I don't really even care to convert them because I
don't plan on keeping them. I just want to watch them on my 52" TV
instead of my 19" monitor.