[mythtv-users] Untranscode

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 20:12:22 EST 2005

On 11/19/05, Curtis White <soaro77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to untranscode the .nuv files? It appears I had
> transcoding on and it was transcoding the files to RTjpeg format. I
> cannot playback this format to my PVR350 output. So I need to somehow
> transcode those files back to mpeg2 format. Does anyone know how I can
> do that?
>
> If I can't transcode them back to mpeg2 format, then is there some way
> to play them on my PVR350 output (even if I need to do it from the
> command line or a script)?

If you don't have the option checked "Delete original recordings after
transcoding" or something like that, then you will have a nuv.old (I
believe that is the renaming scheme used) with the same filename,
which is the original file.  Otherwise, you will have to use something
like ProjectX to re-transcode the file back into mpeg2.

Good Luck!