[mythtv-users] mythweb exits with fatal error, help!

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:58:38 EST 2005

Carl Fongheiser wrote:

> On 11/19/05, *Raphael Pooser* <rpooser at gmail.com
> <mailto:rpooser at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>     Mythweb on my machine isn't working.  I recently tested to see if I
>     could get a look at my recordings from the browser after reading
>     on the
>     list that some folks are using it to watche their
>     recordings.  However,
>     whenever I go over to mythtweb from firefox or any other browser,
>     I get
>     the error
>     "*Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
>     */usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/init.php* on line *54"
>     *As the only line that comes up on the mythweb page.  I checked
>     init.php
>     and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, and mysql connect
>     is used all over the place.  I can't figure out why it would say
>     mysql_connect() doesn't exist.  Anyone have any ideas?
>     Raphael
>

> Raphael, it looks like your mod_php installation wasn't built with
> mysql support.  You didn't say what distribution you're using, so I
> can't really guide you much further than that.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

Thanks for the replies Carl and Chris,
Indeed, I did find that information on google before, sorry forgot to
mention that :P The thing is I can't really find how to get mysql
support.  I thought it was as simple as having php4-mysql installed,
which I do.... I'm using ubuntu hoary.  Perhaps I should just install
all the required packages from source and make sure I get mysql support
in there.  Previously I had just used the distro's default packages
including the one for mythweb.
Raphael