[mythtv-users] How to change which tuner record preference

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 18 22:26:46 EST 2005

Bennett Leve wrote:

> I have two PVR-350 cards and both are setup using cable in.  If I am
> watching a show and I use mytweb or another frontend to start a new
> recording of a current show it pops me out of the show I am watching
> and takes me to the channel that I want to record.
>
> Is there a way to have the recorder prefer the other tuner?

No.  If it did, you'd be watching the other tuner.  But there is a way
to fix the problem.

Option a) In setup (General Settings):

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows.
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

Option b) Don't watch LiveTV.  Record everything.  ;)

Mike