[mythtv-users] remote MythTV system has suddenly lost sound

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 19:30:32 EST 2005

On 11/18/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I would check to make sure that the ivtv card is correctly defined in
> the database (either check the DB directly or use mythtvsetup). It may
> be (from the errors) that the currently defined card is now
> incorrectly setup and as such the backend can't use Tuner0, although
> it is still defined in the card's setup within MythTV.

OK, walking through myth-setup I don't see anything obvious. There is
still one card set up, there is still one Zap2It account with the
right name and password, and there is still one connection from Tuner0
to the the Zap2It account. I think it looks reasonable.

However, after running mythtv-setup it tells me to run
mythfilldatabase. When I try to run that I get lousy results:

--16:04:49--  http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService
           => `-'
Resolving datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com... 206.18.98.160
Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com[206.18.98.160]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com[206.18.98.160]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
16:04:50 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.

Maybe this is just a temporary problem?

> As it's an ivtv card, I'd also check the ivtv output upon driver
> and initialised. May also be worth using ivtvctl to get the info on
> the card's setting now you've upgraded to newer ivtv drivers.

I tried

cat /dev/v4l/video0 >test1.mpg

and then ssh'ed it back here. It's only about 2 seconds of video but
it plays in mplayer and does have audio so the problem doesn't seem to
be specifically an ivtv failure at this point.

There is no one home at the remote end to tell me the results of the
3PM recording experiment in MythTV. BAck later. Thanks.

- Mark