[mythtv-users] Re: Mythburn hosed my /video directory

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 18 17:18:38 EST 2005

--------quote-------------
-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Joshua Fechner
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 4:59 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: Mythburn hosed my /video directory

OK.  So that was just stupid on my part.  I guess I had read that post some
time ago but had forgotten about it.  Well, I recorded a show as a test and
used Mythburn again.  When I did it, it didn't appear to have done anything.
I checked my /video folder and everything was gone again.  So if I'm correct
then Mythburn deletes everything in the working folder everytime it runs?
Is it just me or is that kind of stupid?  Anyway, my second problem is that
Mythweb still lists all of my former (now deleted) programs under "Recorded
Programs" even though they don't seem to exist anywhere.  They even show the
thumbnail.  How do I get rid of them?  That's the last time I use Mythburn.

I am sure there are ways to fix it with mysql commands but one way that
works is to create a file with the correct filename in your video dir and
then use the normal delete function to delete everything. I think there is a
thumbnail file with a matching name created for each program file so look
for thumbs without programs and touch the missing files. They can be empty.

BTW - Mythburn is a very complicated install on anything other than a
knoppMyth system. I am not surprised it didnt work for you.