[mythtv-users] automatically launching VideoLan or Windows Media Player with .NUV files?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 16:39:49 EST 2005

Andrew Cheyne wrote:

> Brad Fuller wrote:

>>> With DSMyth Fileter, I click on the icon/file link in mythweb and it
>>> automatically starts windows media player (or whatever you
>>> configured it for in dsmyth configuration) and starts playing the
>>> video.  DSMyth configures this your client machine for this.
>>>
>>> in the past, I remember having to configure mythweb to pass myth://
>>> when you click on the PNG/link of the recorded video.
>>> I just upgraded last week, with complete reformated my backend, and
>>> I don't remember having to mess with that.. S maybe mythweb is
>>> already configured to do that.
>>>
>>> In any case, what you request does work with DSMyth and mythweb.
>>> Just call up mythweb and click on the PNG and Windows Media starts
>>> up and plays. I have it on all the Windows PCs in the house.
>>

>> Holy crap... my  first language really is English!
>> Basically I said:
>> DSMyth Filters will do what you are asking for. You might need to
>> hunt around the archives if the backend needs to be configured for "
>> myth:// ". But, as I said, I didn't have to do that this time.
>>
>> DSMyth configures your windows client just fine. BTW, I couldn't get
>> the latest cvsbuild-2005-10-1 to work.  But I did get 0.10.0 working
>> fine... but I had to make sure and uninstall the old DSMyth first.
>>
>> here's the dnl:
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=87267#files
>

> Brad,
>
>   When you said you didn't have to do it this time, I assumed your
> reference to the myth:// stuff wasn't relevant anymore. I just
> followed (some of) the instructions I found on a previous link and it
> all works fine now.

It's relevant... in that when you hover over the PNG/link in the
"Recording Programs" page of the .nuv video it should say:
myth://<videofile>.nuv

I just didn't have to configure mythweb for that to work this time (had
to configure mythweb to tell it where my videodir was, etc.)

You'll get a couple of warnings that you can safely click thru at first.

I really don't know how this works since on linux I don't see myth://
but it says http://

I'm sure many people here know how this works. I'd like to know more
about it.

brad