[mythtv-users] HDTV and EPIA Nehemiah

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 18 15:56:36 EST 2005

Michael Haan wrote:

> I'm thinking about trying it, but I want to be reasonably sure it'll
> work before I start buying equipment.  Any reason why I couldn't build
> myth with HW on this linux variant (I believe it derives from gentoo,
> which I've used before:  http://www.epios.net

I have the SP13000 board and the unichrome-pro drivers, but I just
learned today (another thread) that I should have libviaXvMCPro.so.xx in
/etc/X11/XvMCconfig... I actually had libNVIDIA.so.xx....???

If you are going down the 'roll-your-own' route, check out
http://groundstate.ca/C3Myth where Austin Action explains how to do all
the unichrome bits under Mandriva... you will have to do similar things
with the unichrome sourcecode. And some of that is now obsolete with the
inclusion of stuff into Xorg...but what bits I am not sure!

This board plays DVD's very nicely and can expand a standard TV to full
screen with stutter artifacts. But I do not know if it can actually
handle the MPEG4 output of HDTV...It would be nice!

There is no doubt that it can handle the input side of an HD stream, so
it will do as a backend. The question is whether it will front as well.

Geoff