[mythtv-users] automatically launching VideoLan or Windows Media Player with .NUV files?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 15:48:33 EST 2005

Brad Fuller wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Andrew Cheyne wrote:
>>
>>> Brad,
>>>
>>>  The DSMyth filters work fine for viewing the .nuc files. The
>>> problem is that I cant just click on them through the Myth web
>>> interface and have either Windows Media Player or LanVideo play the
>>> contents. It's not really a MythTV issue.
>>
> With DSMyth Fileter, I click on the icon/file link in mythweb and it
> automatically starts windows media player (or whatever you configured
> it for in dsmyth configuration) and starts playing the video.  DSMyth
> configures this your client machine for this.
>
> in the past, I remember having to configure mythweb to pass myth://
> when you click on the PNG/link of the recorded video.
> I just upgraded last week, with complete reformated my backend, and I
> don't remember having to mess with that.. S maybe mythweb is already
> configured to do that.
>
> In any case, what you request does work with DSMyth and mythweb.
> Just call up mythweb and click on the PNG and Windows Media starts up
> and plays. I have it on all the Windows PCs in the house.

Holy crap... my  first language really is English!
Basically I said:
DSMyth Filters will do what you are asking for. You might need to hunt
around the archives if the backend needs to be configured for " myth://
". But, as I said, I didn't have to do that this time.

DSMyth configures your windows client just fine. BTW, I couldn't get the
latest cvsbuild-2005-10-1 to work.  But I did get 0.10.0 working fine...
but I had to make sure and uninstall the old DSMyth first.

here's the dnl:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=87267#files