[mythtv-users] Mythburn hosed my /video directory

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:24:35 EST 2005

On 11/18/05, Joshua Fechner <phekno at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got mythburn and haphazardly ran the install script.

I guess so, huh ;) ?

I told it to use my /video directory for temporary storage of files.

bad idea. it's a temp *DIR*... never really checked, but I could believe
that mythburn cleans up the temp dir when it's done.

When I went to run mythburn over the web it seemed to work fine. On looking
> at my system, however, I noticed that the /video directory was now empty and
> the owner of the directory had changed to apache (who I had entered as the
> owner of httpd in the install script. Now when I go to the "Recorded
> Programs" page on MythWeb it still shows all of the shows that were
> recorded.

Yeah, because the recordings are still in the database. You'll need to purge
them out of database manually :(

I have tried deleting them but they won't go away.

I've had a few video files that disappeared that leave orphan/undeletable
entries in the recording database too... while I can delete them manually,
it would be nice if regular "delete" would delete the database entry even if
the file doesn't exist.

-Ross