[mythtv-users] Re: NUV to DVD scripts for PVR-xxx owners

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Nov 18 14:17:23 EST 2005

>> My future mods will take a MythTV cutlist and pass it to ProjectX for
>> cutting.
>>
> You might want to catch up on the 'MPEG commercial-cut code' thread in the
> Myth dev list. There is a tool in development to cut commercials already that
> is pretty close to working. I mean, it does work, but it's not ready for
> prime time yet.

 	I'll agree here.  There are a few of us actively working to get
bugs worked out of this code.  Unlike most other scripts and utilities,
this one (when the bugs are smashed) should allow for essentially lossless
MPEG2->MPEG2 transcoding from within mythtv.  It will fix PTS discrepancies in ivtv
captures, do frame-accurate cutting (along with reencoding the few frames
around a cut if necessary), and make it quite easy to burn the resulting
(commercialless) stream to DVD.

Stay tuned... I think there's some good news on this front.

-Cory